I left Emirates after 6 years, what I did next and how I translated my CV
-
#1 Left EK at six years, toward something: a cabin crew trainer role at a regional airline in Australia. The hard part wasn't the job, it was the CV. "Flight attendant for six years" reads as pouring drinks until you rewrite it:
"Led service delivery for 300+ customers per flight across 900+ flights; annually recertified in emergency procedures, firefighting and first aid at 90%+ exam standards; managed onboard medical events and conflicts as part of a 4-20 person crew without external support; trained and assessed new joiners as line trainer."
Operational leadership, crisis management, premium client service. Name the fleets, the languages, the senior roles and how early you got them. LinkedIn matters more than ex-crew expect.
-
#2 Same experience leaving LATAM for hotel operations. The recruiter's face changed when I described handling a medical emergency at 38,000 feet as "incident management with no external support".
-
#3 Saving this for the day I need it. The line about crisis management is what I'll steal.
