Cabin Crew StarCabinCrewStar

"Why do you want to be cabin crew?", answers that worked vs answers that ended interviews

🎤 Interview Questions & Answersdandubai9 Aug 2026 · 2 replies · 856 views
  1. #1

    As a former assessor, this is the question where I watched most candidates fail themselves. Two kinds of answers:

    Ended interviews: "I love travelling." "I want to see the world." "It's been my dream since I was a child." None of these say anything about the job.

    Worked: "I've done three years of face-to-face service and the part I'm best at is calming an unhappy customer. Cabin crew is that skill with a safety responsibility on top, in a team that changes every day, and that variety is what I want." Then one line specific to the airline.

    The rule: service and safety are the words that survive. Travel is a benefit, not a reason.

  2. #2

    Exactly what my Qatar interviewer wanted. I mentioned the safety training explicitly ("I want a job where I'm trained to handle an emergency, not just a complaint") and she visibly warmed up.

  3. #3

    Saving this. I had "see the world" in my prepared answer. Rewriting it tonight around the hotel complaints I've handled.

Want to reply? Join the forum in under a minute — free, no newsletter.

Join freeLog in