Cabin Crew StarCabinCrewStar

Emirates initial training week by week, what to expect (7.5 weeks)

🎓 Initial Training & Wingsmarcusdxb26 Jul 2026 · 3 replies · 467 views
  1. #1

    Asked a lot, so here's the shape of Emirates initial training as I experienced it and as recent joiners confirm:

    Week 1: induction, Dubai admin (ID, bank, housing), grooming standards from day one.
    Weeks 2-4: SEP, aircraft types (A380 and 777), doors, equipment, evacuation commands, fire fighting in the smoke simulator, first aid. Exams almost daily, 90%+.
    Week 5: wet drill, security, dangerous goods.
    Weeks 6-7: service training, galley, meal flows by cabin, wine, announcements. Assessed with role-play.
    Week 7-8: supernumerary flights and the graduation ceremony.

    The washouts I saw were all the same three things: under-studying the door drills, lateness, and one person who couldn't swim.

  2. #2

    Accurate. I'd add: the grooming checks in training are stricter than on the line. Nails, hair, uniform pressed, every single morning. It's marked.

  3. #3

    Bookmarking. Is training paid? I keep reading different things.

  4. #4

    Yes, a training allowance plus accommodation provided. It's less than the flying salary but you're not paying for anything major. Read your contract line about it, but Emirates doesn't charge for the course.

Want to reply? Join the forum in under a minute — free, no newsletter.

Join freeLog in