Cabin Crew StarCabinCrewStar

They asked what I would do if I saw a colleague drinking on a layover before a duty

🎤 Interview Questions & Answerskevinlax15 Jun 2026 · 2 replies · 973 views
  1. #1

    Got this at United. My answer was to talk to the colleague first. Was that right or should I have said report immediately?

  2. #2

    Union rep view: the correct answer is that you do not let anyone operate unfit, ever. Speaking to the colleague first is fine if it is early and they stop; if they intend to fly, you inform the senior crew. The interviewer wanted to hear that safety wins over loyalty. 'Talk first, then report if needed' is a good answer as long as the second part is there.

  3. #3

    I did say the second part. Four years later and still here, so it worked.

Want to reply? Join the forum in under a minute — free, no newsletter.

Join freeLog in