Feedback on the feedback: which suggestions from this board got built, and a list of what is still open
-
#1 I noticed changes on the site this week that match things people asked for in this board, and nobody said so, so I am saying so, because a feedback board where things get built should say when they do. Here is what I can see, and what I think is still open.
Built, as far as I can tell
The search now finds numbers and short words. 'Reach 212' returns the reach threads. 'BMI' returns the BMI threads. That was the search improvement thread and it is done.
The airline crew badge on replies. When a member whose profile says they fly for the airline the board is about replies, there is a small tag next to their name saying so, and it is highlighted on the airline's own board. That was two threads (the badge request and the mobile one) and it is done on desktop and on my phone.
The smaller airlines' profile pages now link to the regional board. The flydubai profile links to the Middle East board. That was the feature request from the autumn and it is done.
The salary page has a note about the Gulf housing value under the table. That was the salary page thread. Done, in a modest way.
Still open, as far as I can tell
The golden call timeline on the airline pages. Sara has started a data thread in the golden call board for exactly this, so the numbers are being collected here first, which seems the right order.
The Etihad accommodation wording correction, which needs someone at Etihad to confirm the current version. Mohammed, Lily, Olivia: one of you could post the accurate wording in that thread and it can be checked.
A request
When something from this board gets built, say so in the thread. It tells the members that the board works and it tells the site what to keep doing. I will keep an eye out.
And for anyone who has not posted feedback because they assumed nobody reads it: four things from this board got built. Somebody reads it.
-
#2 Checked the search for 'reach 212' just now and it works. Checked the badge on the BA board and there it is next to my name. The feedback board works. Good to have it said.
-
#3 Etihad, and I will post the current accommodation wording in the correction thread this week, with the caveat that I can describe what new joiners get and not the specific buildings. That should be enough to check the profile against.
-
#4 The data thread is in the golden call board and it has nine numbers already. If it gets to forty, the airline pages will have something real to show. Post yours.
-
#5 @mohammedauh that is exactly the kind of thing this board is for. Thank you.
-
#6 The 'say so in the thread when it is built' request is the right one and it applies to every feedback system I have ever seen. The loop has to close or people stop posting. Closing it here.
-
#7 Checked the salary page note. Modest is right and it is the correct kind of modest: a sentence that tells a UK crew member why the Emirates row is not comparable to theirs. That was the whole ask.
