-
#1 Every week someone asks and every week the numbers on social media are either the basic only or a fantasy. My Grade II / Grade I experience, tax-free AED:
- Basic: roughly 4,400 (Grade II) rising to 4,800+ (Grade I).
- Flying pay: about 65-70 per hour, typically 80-100 hours a month → 5,500-7,000.
- Layover allowances: paid per layover in local currency equivalents, varies with destination; a heavy long-haul month can add 1,500-2,500.
So a normal month lands around 11,000-14,000 AED total, with housing, transport to work and medical covered. Pursers and above are a different bracket. Save in the first two years, the layover shopping trap is real.
-
#2 Matches mine. I'd add that the first three months feel lower because supernumerary hours and training allowance are less, then it jumps. Budget for that.
-
#3 Thank you for real numbers. How does the housing work, shared apartment?
-
#4 New joiners share a company apartment in one of the crew buildings, own bedroom, shared living space, usually with one or two other crew. After a few years you can opt for a housing allowance instead.
