Cabin Crew StarCabinCrewStar

First year fatigue: how bad was yours, honestly, and when did it get better?

🌙 Fatigue, Jet Lag & Healthjayhouston11 Aug 2026 · 11 replies · 1,522 views
  1. #1

    Month four, reserve, and I am more tired than I have ever been. Is this normal? When does it get better? Honest answers from people past it please.

  2. #2

    Month four was my worst. Months two to five are the hole. It got better around month seven when I learned to sleep on command and stopped fighting the roster.

  3. #3

    Year one on LAX reserve was brutal. Year two I had a line and a routine. It is not you, it is the pattern.

  4. #4

    Emirates year one, same. The body learns. Strength training twice a week helped more than anything.

  5. #5

    Short haul earlies are a different tired. Month three I fell asleep in a car park. Month six I was fine. Blackout curtains and no phone in bed.

  6. #6

    Now a nurse, ex crew. Nursing is easier on the body than year one crew. That says something.

  7. #7

    Twelve years: it never fully goes away but it becomes manageable. The crew who last protect their sleep like it is their salary.

  8. #8

    Asia routes from Helsinki, month five was my wall. Anchor sleep on layovers fixed it.

  9. #9

    Qatar year one, I got sick constantly and tired constantly. Year two, neither. Immune system and body clock both adapt.

  10. #10

    BA mixed fleet year one, the switching between long and short haul was the killer. It got better when I stopped trying to have a social life on trip days.

  11. #11

    In training and this thread is terrifying and reassuring at the same time.

  12. #12

    Reassuring is the word. Month seven is the target then. Thank you all, genuinely.

Want to reply? Join the forum in under a minute — free, no newsletter.

Join freeLog in